Sunday, 4 November 2012

Cowl/infinity scarf

Hello everyone :)
Here it is, the cowl I was talking about :)
I need to make another one for myself from this yarn (Wendy Serenity Super Chunky), it's so nice and warm!
I was surprised how hard it is to work with such chunky yarn, I thought it'll be much easier than working with smaller one!


I adapted the pattern for a square from The Crochet Bible (alternating shell and V stitch) and I think it came up really nicely :)


Here you can find this cowl on Ravelry and here you can buy it on Etsy.

It's lenght when it lays flat is 93cm and the width is 18cm.

I'm still working on my blanket... It takes so much time... I'm so tired of granny stitch :P

xxx
Inka

8 comments:

  1. Wow, this is awesome! And working with chunky yarn really is hard, isn't it? I knitted a Gap-tastic cowl recently and felt very strange working with the fat needles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      Yeah, I was laughing when I've read in the book that working with chunky yarn is not recommended for beginners as I thought "seriously? It should be easier for beginners as the pattern build up quickly and you needless stitches so you are not tired of doing it" and obviously I was wrang :P It IS hard :)

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I agree, huge yarn isn't the easiest to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It did come out nice and I love the color. Thanks for the heads up on chunky yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, chunky yarn can be tricky, but I always love how it comes out at the end, no matter what pattern you use - it always creates this "oh, so cosy!" look ;)

      Delete